Posted by Marty Dickinson on May 12, 2015
Here’s a Step List for Local Search
1. Use free http://moz.com/local/details and check NAP (Name, Address, and Phone) to make sure they are consistent and that your site is on all the main local directories shown there.
2. Make changes to those that show inconsistent or needs work results.
3. Add new profiles on the local search tools displayed in moz.com that your site is not part of yet.
4. Run citation search in whitespark.ca/local-citation-finder
5. Setup a campaign in BrightLocal.com to monitor current, pending and potential citations.
6. Add /reviews page to website so you can add links and direct your clients there to add reviews for you.
7. Add ?hl=en&review=1 to string of Google Plus Local link to bring people to the reviews page on Google+ Local
8. Create post card to give out to clients as you do services for them and have the link URL on the post card like YourSite.com/reviews
9. Find “Best Of” business contests in your city and apply to enter.
Click a Star to Rate This Post:
Tell Others About This Post:
Email This Post to a Friend