Posted by Marty Dickinson on Aug 10, 2013
Just a quick list for myself so that I can keep track of the most common HTML/style tags I use when wanting to position text and images in WordPress websites.
— for emdash
for line break
Posted by Marty Dickinson on Aug 6, 2013
When you setup WordPress for a website, you’re prompted to add an email address so that if you ever need to change the password, you can just click the “send change password” link and change your password from there. But, what if you don’t know the admin username and you don’t have access to the email address?
1. Login through cPanel
2. Click phpmyadmin on the control panel home page after login
3. Click the correct database link on the lef, usually something like yourwebsitename_blog (If you see a bunch of “wp” files on the left, you’re in the right place)
4. Click wp_users
5. Click “Edit” to the left of the line of the user you want to access
6. Change the email address to something you DO have access to
7. Check your email and reset the password
If you don’t have cPanel access, well, you shouldn’t be in that account anyway!